A time for understanding
During a discussion with a friend today we ended up talking about alot of things that are in the news or trending right now. I am a huge fan of The Ellen Degeneres show and she had Constance McMillen, the young lady who wanted to go to prom with her girlfriend and wear a tux, on the show a few weeks back. So my friend and I were talking about it and I have to be honest they should have let her go to her own prom however she wanted to as long as she wasn't dressed disrespectfully. What was the harm in the two of them going to prom together? We should be more understanding in this day and age. I mean I think we should rejoice in the unique differences that make us a diverse culture and not breed hate and intolerance. It's not like the girls would have behaved badly or anything, proms have adult supervision to keep all the students behaving. Why are people so afraid of anything different or not their idea of "the norm"? God has called all of us to be His messengers and to spread His word and His love. So I may agree or disagree with people in this world, but because I believe in God, I will love them all regardless. I will stand before God for my sins and mine alone, just as everyone will stand for their own sins. So what harm is it to me if someone choses to live their life one way or another? I have plenty of friends who live a different lifestyle than I do and I love that about each of them. I love that you can't mash them all up into a box labeled "normal". Because I'll tell you right now, If normal means hating anything different, acting stuck up and judgemental, or hurting people to enforce my own agenda.... you take that box labeled "normal" and shove it right up your, well you get the point lol. Break free from what society sets forth as normal or right and live your life the way you want to live it. Rage against the silly sheep that follow one another to the slaughterhouse. Be that one sheep with a mohawk running for the damn hills screaming "No lamb chops tonight!"
Comments
Post a Comment