The struggle of a lifetime???

So here it is three months into a new year and I am looking in the mirror thinking, what was my new years resolution again lol. A look around my computer room shows the tell tale signs of the struggle against the "battle of the bulge"... a woman on the cover of some random magazine that lost 3 dress sizes by eating some "super food" that doesn't seem like anything I want to eat. And it's everywhere I look...the internet, the news, the grocery store, the gas station....the list goes on to the point I want to scream "Hey just cause I am not a size 2 doessn't mean I am not beautiful!" (Nothing agaisnt any size 2's out there lol) Why do we as a society feel the need to publish more and more pictures and articles making any person who doesn't fit in the little media box idea of "perfect" feel inadequate? In past eras a person with a fuller figure was the epitome of beautiful, but now I see "plus size" models and I think isn't that the average woman? I mean type in average woman in any search and you get a size 14, but plus size models are that size..wait what? Here's a link to just one site http://www.fullandfabulous.org/articles_view.asp?articleid=17064. And there are many more out there. Isn't it time to come together and stand up to the world and say we're all different, that's what makes us individuals, and that's what makes us beautiful. Somewhere along the way we've all lost sight of the beauty of being unique. I want to tell the world, "Stop trying to shove us into boxes we won't fit in!" We are all different beings, not carbon copies of one "perfect" (Although we were created by perfection..Christ). No one is perfect. We all have imperfections, even the size 2's..who unfortunately catch alot of flack from people as well. It's time to stop looking at people as a size, a color, a religion, and such. Why can't we look at one another as the amazing entities we are? I am just one person speaking my mind, but doesn't it just take one? You now reading this..will you read and go on with your life, or read and post a comment, or read and carry it forward and ask of others the same questions I ask? We pass it forward with our children, with our friends, with people we come in contact with everyday...what will you pass on? My hope is that we will all see the beauty out there in the simple things...the glow the world has after a refreshing spring rain; the older couple at the park sitting together holding hands, looking at each other with a love for the ages; the first time you ever see your babies face. There is beauty everywhere around us...more so there is beauty in us all. We are all beautiful people in our own right. Look in the mirror and see your beauty and try to find beauty throughout your day. Have a blessed and beautiful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Better Day

How the world can change one person at a time

A decent saturday