Another moment lost
So I log into my fave radio station home page and see this story. I've been hearing bits and pieces on my way to work and now I have the whole understanding and i'm a bit upset. The radio station gave away cosmetic surgery as a prize....yes a prize! The young woman who won had a great story and I know she deserves the help, but here's my beef. How many people out there, children and adults, could use this more? I would love to have seen the station give this "prize" away to a person who really needed it....a burn victim, someone who had terrible scars, someone who couldn't afford to have a procedure like that done. I'm not knocking liposuctions, or breast augmentations, but really that's the best we can do? I love listening to that radio station, but to be honest...I may not listen anymore. I am so deeply saddened by this. Am I off base or does that just seem wrong? I mean the young woman who won was very thankful for the help and couldn't afford the surgery, but how many of us can? Can I get a little feedback on this one? I mean am I looking at this wrong or what? I am just... in awe that this is a prize. Have we really become so hung up on ourselves? I'm just so..I don't know, words can't describe the feelings I have. It's not anger, it's just depressed maybe that our world has come to this stage. May God have mercy on us all and help us to see.....see what? I just don't know. I am at a loss for words, which is not like me. I think I'll be done for now and maybe finish this up when I don't feel so....so....
So I was looking at old post and realized I never finished the story lol. The young woman had gotten a loan and paid for gastric bypass and lost alot of weight and was left with a fold of skin in her midsection. I grant you it was nice of them to help, but had she worked out and lost the weight naturally instead of drastically she would not have had nearly that much skin left. I just think it's sad that this was a prize. It truly is sad that this was the best they could do. She got a loan for the first surgery she could have gotten a loan for the second. I am sorry, but it seems so very shallow of us to be worried about weight and extra skin when there are real problems out there.
So I was looking at old post and realized I never finished the story lol. The young woman had gotten a loan and paid for gastric bypass and lost alot of weight and was left with a fold of skin in her midsection. I grant you it was nice of them to help, but had she worked out and lost the weight naturally instead of drastically she would not have had nearly that much skin left. I just think it's sad that this was a prize. It truly is sad that this was the best they could do. She got a loan for the first surgery she could have gotten a loan for the second. I am sorry, but it seems so very shallow of us to be worried about weight and extra skin when there are real problems out there.
Comments
Post a Comment