A night of honor with a graduate
Tonight I went to my niece's honors night. It's hard to believe she's graduating in just a few short days. She got so many awards. Every time they called her name, I would tear up. Her pet name is Anaksunamun, so I will refer to her as that or A. A is graduating with honors as well. I couldn't be more proud of A. She has worked hard and is so smart. A has lived with me for 3 years now and I like to hope that I helped, in some all way, her become this really terrific and amazing young woman! I wasn't sure about opening my home to her. It was scary and uncharted territory, but was worth it. I got to teach her to ride a bike and drive a car. There were so many firsts..... even now, I tear up thinking about it. I couldn't have imagined how great this kid would become. I know that whatever she decides to do, she will rock it. I look forward to her future and all the wonderful amazing things this life has to offer her. Today, I turn 40, my own little milestone; but it's nothing to the excitement that awaits the amazing A. I love A as if she were my own and can't wait for the relationship dynamic to change as less authoritarian and more close friend. Tonight little dreamers, dream of the future your kids will have.
Comments
Post a Comment