Growing Up

It's been awhile since I posted, but life seems to always get in the way. So here I am, it's 2015 and things are going well. I was just thinking about growing up. We all have to grow up eventually right? I mean we can't be Peter Pan and stay in Never Never Land. Would you really want to? Being a kid is great! I won't deny that fact, but at some point in life "you put away childish things". Do I still fly kites on windy days? Yes!! A little part of me is always going to be 13 year old Jana, who loved unicorns and barbies and wanted to marry Corey Haim haha. But thirty something Jana, well she's just way better. No I didn't get to marry Corey, instead I married the most amazing man. He's kind and funny and takes me fishing (cause 13 year old me wants to go lol). Grown up Jana gets to delight in the magic of childhood. Think about it. How fun is it to share tales of Santa Clause and watch kids eyes sparkle with an innocence that you hope they hold onto forever. I get to still believe in some childhood dreams and share 13 year old silly me with some pretty awesome nieces and nephews. So yes grow up and become an interesting adult, but never lose the kid in you. The kid who wanted to be a lawyer by day and a fashion designer by night. Be you, be uniquely you. Never let anyone tell you who you can or can't be. Never let anyone steal or squash your dreams. Hey, I'm still believing that one day I'll actually finish writing a book. I'm always going to have my head a little in the clouds daydreaming, but I can do that because my roots are planted firmly and tether me down just enough to keep me from flying away. Hmm, guess I'm a kite lol. Now if you'll excuse me, the window is open and I can feel a nice breeze. Let's see how far I can fly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Better Day

How the world can change one person at a time

A decent saturday