Burnt but happy
Yesterday was a beautiful day to be on the water... the sun was shining and the water was warm. That shining sun proved to much for this pale chick and I am now various shades of red lol. We hit the water a little before noon and I think the boat was just as happy as we were. I have to say that I always look forward to going to the river with my husband. I think I'll add a big floppy hat to my list of boat supplies though because a burnt scalp is no fun. It's the little things when I'm on the boat that make it so awesome. It's the occasional spray of water, the breeze blowing through my hair, and the great big smile on my husband's face as he drives our boat. I cannot drive the boat... I make the boat sad when I try lol. My mind just cannot allow me to make sense of the steering. I also cannot drive a stick shift because my brain just doesn't get it lol. In an emergency, I could get us somewhere though. I am quite happy to sit back and enjoy the sun and feel that simple peace that comes from being in a place where my husband and I both love to be and be with each other. I dream of a day when I can own a little piece of this heaven. I love to think of waking up and sitting on my back porch and seeing that beautiful water twinkling in the sunlight and calling out to me to come play. I know that we're kind of raised with this ideology that we should have a certain kind of life. I mean look around you and see, it's sorta shoved into your face constantly. I'm not saying it's wrong to want the big house and fancy car life with the 2 kids and fenced yard with a dog. I'm just saying it's not necessarily the life I long for. I love "tiny houses" and want one for myself. I would like a few acres on the river and my tiny house and I'm good. My husband and I don't have kids and that's ok. It's not a choice we made, I have PCOS, so it is what it is. For now, our life is good without kids. I mean we get to go whenever we want and never have to worry about anything but the cat and dog. We've discussed kids and we aren't opposed to them. We've both said if we have a kid it'll be right there with us in the boat and learning to love the river as much as we do. I know I'm meandering about tonight and might not be as coherent as usual, but I'm just writing whatever flows out of my mind. I guess what all this is getting to is that live the life that God wants you to live, not the life that society deems you should live. Have kids if you want them. If you don't want them, don't feel pressured to have them. You want a big house then work and get it, but if you want to live in a tent and travel the world do it. We all have dreams and desires and while some will always remain a dream, there are plenty of dreams you can make a reality. Here's the key to happiness though... be content wherever you are right now in your life. Don't put happiness on hold until you reach this goal or that goal or have this job or that job. Happiness has nothing to do with those things. So today I am sun burnt, but you know what, I am also happy. I was blessed to get to go to work to a job I love. I was blessed to get to come home to a roof over my head. I was blessed to get to wash dishes because I have running water and food to dirty those dishes with. I may not be in my dream home, but I'm just as happy as if I were. Dreamers, dream big, but be happy just where you are.
Comments
Post a Comment