One year vegan!
Today marks one year vegan! I can't believe it's been a year already. It certainly doesn't feel like it. I've grown accustomed to the lifestyle now and have learned how to quickly read labels on a product I don't know to see if it is vegan. I am interested in joining the activism side of veganism, but I'm nervous. I can get emotional quickly and worry I'll be overcome and not be able to help. Just me standing there crying. I quit meat easily enough and don't miss it at all. I wish more people would take the leap. People tend to make excuses and assume that all they'll eat is a salad. Times they are a changing. Gone are the days of salad and bland tofu. There is a plethora of vegan options now. I mean amazing ice creams that are rich and creamy. Burgers and hot dogs that are flavor packed. While I limit myself on processed foods, it's a great starting point for the newly vegan palate. I love veggies in about any form, so vegan wasn't a hard jump for me. I had gotten to the point, that when I cooked meat, it made me feel sick to my stomach and I couldn't even eat it. I know that I am healthier and happier being vegan and I don't see myself ever going back to meat. I am grateful to Earthling Ed for opening my eyes and making it a simple choice to go vegan. I am thankful for challenge 22 for making the transition seamless. If you are interested in going vegan, I urge you to check out challenge 22 and if you want to know why you should go vegan, check out earthling ed's videos. Today I'll be dreaming of a world where no animal has to suffer and die for us to eat. Dream a little dream of vegan my lovely little dreamers.
Comments
Post a Comment