Friends Are Forever
I can't sleep :(
I know why I can't sleep, but there's nothing I can do about it. My best friend is moving away. And not like oh it's only the next town over...try some states away. I remember the day we met, I thought this guy is weird lol. But me being me, I also thought weird is good. We just worked in the same place and didn't say much for a few days, but then I decided there's no point in two people working together and not talking. It took awhile, but he finally gave up and chatted. I think he figured I wouldn't shut up til he said something haha. Whether it was blind luck or fate, we became friends. And in my friend I've found someone who sees the world in some of the same weird ways I do, who is good and honest, and trustworthy, and just the best friend anyone could ask for. When I met him I never would have thought that we'd be as tight as we are, but that just goes to show you that in this world you never know. I'm lucky our paths crossed because I couldn't imagine my life without my buddy. He's like an older brother to me (and in no way a replacement to my brother who is awesome as well), an extra older brother lol. He's a person who has my back and gets my odd ways. I am thankful for the years we have been friends and so very sad about him moving. I hope the move is an adventure for him and leads to exciting things. Having said that, it doesn't make me any less sad or cry any less. My husband just patted my back and handed me tissue and I said "Thank you and just so you know I'll probably cry for a few days." It's crazy that you never realize how much you are going to miss someone til they are gone. I guess that's why people always say make the most of this life and the time you have in it. I'll add to that, make the most of the moments you have in this life with the people you cherish the most, for when they are gone, the memories are all that's left to lighten your heart. And I know some will say, hey he's moving, not dead. Well that's true, but loss is loss. It's not like I can just hop in the car and drive 5 miles to his house anymore, so shut up :P I wish I could stop crying, then maybe I could fall asleep. Every little thing makes me cry. The ad in the corner for tickets to aquarium reminds me of the trip we took to Tennessee for my birthday. Best birthday trip ever btw! My friend and his wife and I went and had the best flippin time ever. For a brief second that memory made me smile and then reality hit again and here come the tears lol. I probably won't got to renfest this year either because I'll only be sad that my pal isn't there lol. I'm not like putting life on hold or anything, but I think there are things that I won't be able to do til I get used to him being gone. Will I ever get used to that? Can you dehydrate from crying? lol I'm such a goof. Well I usually can turn my entry around and be all happy in the end, but this time, it's not in the cards. I am sad and there's no twisting that. All I know is that my best friend is leaving and as happy as I can be for his future, I'm also just as sad. Well my avid dreamers, I hope you can manage to get your heads into the clouds, as for me, my feet are firmly planted on the ground this day and there's no dream that will lift them tonight. And while I'm thinking it...call your best friend and let them know what they mean to you. Heck call a parent, a sibling, a cousin...just call someone and let them know how important they are and how much they mean to you.
Comments
Post a Comment